Can you believe it is already September?! September signals the season of change, and we definitely have a lot of changes happening in the office.
Dr. Leguard is expanding her hours, and is now available over lunch hours a few days a week, until 6:00 pm a few days per week, and later in the afternoon on Fridays to better serve our patients. If you have a friend or family member who is in need of chiropractic care but previously was unable to make it into our office during their work day, this is your time to help them get the care they need. More on this later…
Dr. Hubbel’s granddaughters (and Dr. Leguard’s sisters) Ainsley and Chloe are heading back to school this month. You will remember Ainsley and Chloe from when they worked in the office last summer. Ainsley is headed back to Western University for her second year of Law School. She is very involved with the law school as the president of Western’s Gender and the Law association, as an orientation week leader, and as a managing editor of the Western Law Journal. Chloe is headed back to Western University (at Brescia University College) to continue her third year of her Economics and Accounting degree. Chloe keeps busy at school as the CFO of the Brescia Students’ Council, and as an orientation leader.
Carleigh’s older child, Roger, is getting ready to start school this month. His first day of Junior Kindergarten is September 7th. He is very excited to get started, but poor Mom isn’t sure that she’s ready to have a big guy in kindergarten! Roger’s little sister, Delores, is excited to have Roger out of the house more to get Mom’s attention all to herself. Be extra nice to Carleigh as she deals with her child leaving the nest. Ha!
Dr. Johnston celebrated 6 years in our practice on August 31st, while September 2nd marks 29 years that Karen has been with us. After 29 years, you can start to understand why Karen and Dr. Hubbel share a brain! We are very thankful to have them both as members of our team.
Carolyn is celebrating her 35th wedding anniversary with her husband Flynn, on September 6th! Carolyn is also very excited as her daughter Caileigh recently became engaged. What an exciting time for all of us!
My Friend is hurting. What can I do to help?
We’ve all been around a friend or family member who has hurt themself, or is somehow always in pain. It’s hard to see the people you love in that situation. Here is what you can do to help:
- Ask them if they’ve thought about chiropractic care. It’s crazy, we know, but some people aren’t aware that chiropractors: A) exist, B) can treat spinal pain, C) can treat things other than spinal pain (hands, ankles, shoulders, elbows, headaches, jaws etc).
- Share your positive experience as a chiropractic patient. Often, people are nervous of trying a “new” kind of care, or don’t have a good understanding of what chiropractic care actually is. As a chiropractic patient yourself, you have an excellent understanding of what a chiropractor can do for you, and how you feel when you see your chiropractor. Your loved one will take your perspective into consideration, so share your success!
- Reassure them. In our office, we provide gentle Activator chiropractic treatment. This method of chiropractic care is a great fit for patients who are nervous of being “cracked” by the chiropractor. The Activator instrument allows our doctors to provide specific, effective adjustments that are very gentle for even the most apprehensive patient.
- Remind them that they do not need a referral from their family doctor to see a chiropractor. They or you can call our office directly to book an appointment.
- Don’t be pushy. Although you ultimately KNOW that what is best for them is to go to a chiropractor, people won’t get better unless they want to. We understand that sometimes it can be hard to suggest care for someone, but it is definitely worth mentioning.
- Ask Julie, Carleigh or Carolyn for an information package for prospective patients at the front desk. This package contains information about our office, about the kind of care we provide, and what they can expect if they choose to book an appointment. Additionally, we are always happy to answer any questions that they may have.
- A referral from one of our existing patients is the highest form of compliment to us. We like to show our appreciation with a complimentary visit for you. A true win-win situation!